Letter of Objection
Help stop Trump’s new proposal for two seawalls at Doughmore Beach!
Trump International Golf Links (TIGL) has submitted another proposal at Doughmore Beach to protect his luxury golf resort. While the new proposal is significantly scaled back from the original proposal that our #NatureTrumpsWalls campaign helped defeat, it does include two walls totaling over 850 meters long and represents a very short-sighted erosion control defense that will:
- Accelerate erosion along adjacent points of Doughmore Beach; the unprotected stretches of beach will see significant erosion.
- Under this scenario, require additional walls in future years to defend against the accelerated erosion at adjacent beaches.
- As such, these initial walls will set the precedent for a much bigger erosion protection scheme and represents the same long term threat to the ecology and pristine coastal environment as the original proposal.
The new proposal is currently being reviewed by the Clare County Planning Department and they are accepting letters of objection. Save The Waves urges you to take 5 minutes and send your objection letter to us by January 30th so that it can be submitted along with thousands of other letters on February 2nd.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
Write a letter of opposition to the Planning Department of the Clare County Council during the public comment period before it closes on February 2nd.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
1) Download the letter template we’ve provided for you. If you wish to write a letter in your own words, please download the template regardless for the proper address and for the Planning Reference Number.
2) Date it, sign your name and include your address (Yes, you can use an electronic signature).
3) Email your personally revised letter to email@example.com by JANUARY 30TH 2017. Save The Waves will pass on all letters as a collective appeal to the Clare County Council before the end of the public comment period.
That’s it! A few minutes of your time contribute to the long-term conservation of County Clare’s pristine coastal environment.
***Attention mobile phone users!!! If you are downloading this document (a Microsoft/.docx file) on your smart phone, you may be receiving an Error Message. It will ask you to instead open the document in a compatible app on your phone (i.e., “Pages” for iPhone users).