‘Film Festival Production’ Internship Position Available!
Film Festival Production Internship
2017 Job Description and Duties
Reports to: Film Fest Director, Operations Manager
Hours per week: 10-12, 2 to 3 days a week, office and telecommuting.
The position of Film Festival Production Intern will last not less than 6 months, with the potential to be renewed to one year dependent on performance. The duties will pertain to the behind the scenes preparation and production of Save The Waves’ annual film festival tour. Time on the road with the festival tour is dependent on the intern’s availability and STW’s needs.
Successful candidates for this internship will have a passion for ocean conservation, a strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premier & Photoshop), exceptional social media and communication skills, the ability to self-manage and complete tasks on time, and a desire to exceed expectations. Willingness to learn on the fly and take ownership of tasks are key to succeeding in this mission-oriented, fun-loving work environment. Resume and references should be submitted with email of interest, highlighting pertinent experience and personal motivations for this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operations and Administration:
- Invoicing / Billing – invoicing sponsors, submitting invoices for payment to Ops Manager
- Maintaining Film Fest event binder – with assistance and supervision from Ops Manager, tracking all receipts, contracts, invoices, etc. for the film fest
- Permitting – handling all steps to achieve adequate ABC permits for film festival screenings; any noise permits needed per venue
- Event Coordination – with support from Ops Manager, plan all rentals, deliveries, pickups, and staffing for each event; training vols at events
- Manage merchandise – pack and prepare inventory for each event; conduct post-event inventory
- Plan, build and launch ticketing webpages with support and direction from Ops & FF Directors
- Assist Operations Director with data uploads and Excel doc preparation after film fest events
- Influencer/Ambassador activation – support FF director in planning and activating the support of influencers and ambassadors to promote events via social media in each tour stop locale
- Filmmakers – communicating with filmmakers to ensure all legal releases are signed and fees are paid
- Newsletters – in coordination with FF Director & Communications Director, prepare newsletter content, including copy and photos
- Cultivation of press contacts and coverage for each screening, with goal of 3 press features per event
- Engage local businesses in advance of event with promo bundles and event invites
- Sponsor Support – aid the FF Director with ongoing sponsor dialogues and needs throughout the tour