Save The Waves will be presenting a Workshop at IMPAC4 Marine conservation congress in Chile. We will discuss and learn more about how and why protecting waves matters for marine conservation.
The Fourth International Marine Protected Areas Congress, IMPAC4, with the motto Marine Protected Areas: Bringing the people and ocean together, will focus on the need to highlight the intricate nature of ocean-human relationship and the benefits of marine protected areas (MPA) and the ocean for millions that depends on their ecosystem services. Independent of the seas we need to protect – coral reefs, temperate rocky shores, small islands or fjords – we need to put people at the center stage to develop practical and effective management measures and therefore have successful MPAs.
In our IMPAC4 WORKSHOP entitled, “Legal tools for wave protection as a strategy to conserve their aesthetic and recreation value”, we’ll be joining the following speakers:
- Aulani Wilhelm, Senior Deputy President, Center for Oceans Conservation International
- Nik Strong-Cvetich, Executive Director, Save The Waves Coalition
- Carolina Butrich, Hazla por tu Ola Coordinator, Conservamos por Naturaleza, SPDA
- Juan Esteban Buttazzoni, Environmental Lawyer, Fundación Rompientes
- Matías Alcalde, Executive Director, Fundación Punta de Lobos
Moderated by: Felipe Rodríguez, Fundación Rompientes. A huge thank you goes out to Felipe for organizing this great group of people.